Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Making hero graphics bigger/different sized

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PMichaud
Take the Red Pill.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:29 am    Post subject: Making hero graphics bigger/different sized Reply with quote

I was wondering if there was a known plotscripting method of making hero graphics bigger than the standard 32 by 40.

If not, I think I can make my own, but it'd be nice not to have to swing that from scratch.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Squall
is fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to affect the battle graphics, unless you want to go through the trouble of making a fake battle system. Of course that would be extremely hard and only a few people have done it. Not to mention that it would require extensive plotscripting requirements, and lots of work which would take lots of time and you might get bored which is a bad thing when making a game because the important thing to remember is that if you don't have fun making the game no one would have fun playing it and did you really go through the trouble to read all this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
PMichaud
Take the Red Pill.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question is, is there a fake battle system available for download, or are the people who programmed them withholding them?

ps. I went through the trouble, yes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very few people program their own battle systems, and as far as I'm concerned none of them are public domain.
I'm a chimp, not a

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Bob360 was going to make a public battle engine for the OHR--- but never did...
planethunter
Lost In Emotion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: perhaps this might help you... Reply with quote

heros use two pictures for the same hero in the battles. But you''d have to have two heros for each hero, at least. Which is bad because you''s have to call them something and give them stats and whathaveyou. Or use a backdrop for each formation, and draw the hero on the backdrop. overlay the actual moving hero bits (arms and so on) on top. Just don''t have any dash in attacks. They look kinda silly! If your game has lots of different heros just use a fake battle engine. Or just make one hundreds of formations for each hero combination.... Neutral )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Arcade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: