Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Listen while you work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Listen while you work Reply with quote

To showcase the massive amount of talent found within the confines of the songlist, I've set up a constantly running CP Radio which randomly plays songs from the songlist. As of yesterday, the currently played track (give or take a few seconds given the buffer) is listed as "Random Songs" on the main page. You can tune into the radio by clicking on the Listen to Radio link or tuning into the stream, found at http://radio.castleparadox.com/

The stream is using WinAMP's Shoutcast Server, but the stream does work with Windows Media Player.

In order to accomodate for the main page script (and due to MIDI's lack of ID3 tags), you'll notice that the stream only displays the song ID number when playing, not the title and artist. There's not much I can do about that, sadly.

Currently, the radio is broadcasting at 40kbps Stereo and I'm curious to see just how much usage it can handle. There is also a 32 listener max right now. These numbers will most likely be tweeked after some wear and tear gives us better estimates at what the server can handle.

WinAMP scans for new songs every hour, but I plan on incorporating the song selection aspect into the current CastleParadox bot in IRC. Eventually, this will allow for song request queues and instant availability of newly uploaded songs.

Happy listening,

~IM

Last edited by Inferior Minion on Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:04 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onlyoneinall
Bug finder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Over an hour's worth of music too, that's good.

Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the current count is 152 playable files with roughly 5 hours 45 minutes of play time.
the fool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Average Listen Time: 7h 07m 05s

Eh? I think you're both wrong.
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horray for an awesome feature! No need to crawl the songlist and make hard decisions like which song to listen to!

Jack wrote:
Quote:
Average Listen Time: 7h 07m 05s

Eh? I think you're both wrong.

Thats the average amount of time people listen to the stream.
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! The currently playing song is...

Sword of Jade's Battle Theme!

(It's scary that I can Identify this by just a few seconds)
Calehay
...yeah.
Class B Minstrel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's creepy to hear my music played on the radio...

Anyway, is it possible to add a small amount of time between each song? Right now, it all just kind of blurs together.
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good show John. Too bad people will have to deal with my 30 minuters Ha ha ha! Maybe we should all write a bunch more songs for the list so those don't come up as often.

I agree, at least a second or two of silence between tracks would be nice.

And to everyone listening, don't forget to rate a song or two, I know any of us on the songlist would appreciate it.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raekuul
Delicious!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It keeps playing the same song over and over...
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raekuul wrote:
It keeps playing the same song over and over...

Sorry about that....computer froze and it just kept playing the last song in the buffer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: The total deal. Reply with quote

A good idea if ever there was one.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems my computer is having trouble playing the N/A wav file by Shadowiii. Winamp crashes and the buffer loops the last minute of the song...I'll have to look into why that's happening. I can't bring the radio back up until I get home later tonight.

Sorry.
User was banned for this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IM, Very nice.

You _NEED_ to find a way to make this more stable though. Every time you attempt to listen, you quickly run into a disconnection, and when you reconnect the same song is playing.
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chenzi wrote:
Well IM, Very nice.

You _NEED_ to find a way to make this more stable though. Every time you attempt to listen, you quickly run into a disconnection, and when you reconnect the same song is playing.

I know, Chenzi. And it's very frustrating. It was working perfectly for 3 days and time at work flew by. Don't know why it suddenly started crashing.

I'm considering wiping that computer and doing a fresh install. It's been giving me problems with other endeavors as well (OpenGL crashes on initialization, for instance). I'll try to make the backup and get a fresh copy running tonight.

~IM
User was banned for this post

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, try something for me.

Is there any way you can remove every wav/mp3 format song on the playlist? Try it. Just trust me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: