Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Yellow_Man is a pathetic cheater.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucier
that one girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gahahaha
Shadowiii
It's been real.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.
RPGCreations
E Pluribus Unum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: FILL IN THE BLANK
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, what?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off with his head.

(Damn, where have I been at? So many new people)
Sew
Just here for looks

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now! Those pillows were gifts from your mother, and you know how I hate turing down gifts from her. Ha ha ha!

~Sew
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rolling Stone
Bastard Gunslinger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst is when your pillow rejects you, or you call your pillow from work and hear another man in the house.

This thing about Yellow Man is inspiring though. I think it adds some serious weapons to the massive stockpile of OHR noob stuff we have. This is right up there with DBZ and Sailor Moon fangames and Pikachu cameos. I mean, this beats out charging money for your OHR games in terms of patheticity.

EDIT: HAHAHA! THIS IS MY POST NUMBER 169! HAHAHAHA!

Wow, I am not worthy of this avatar...

http://www.castleparadox.com/forum/gamelist-display.php?game=620
Time Traveler
Time Galactic Power!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time he tries to download his own game, put a lock on the download that is only activated to his ISP (If this is possible). He has to ask permission to download it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MultiColoredWizard
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aethereal
SHUT UP.
Elite Designer
Elite Designer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically, I just played that segment of X2 today...
Come back, baby!
The Breastmaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played that segment about 8 times in the past week(Thank you for bringing back memories, oh ye ROM).
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow-Man has a dynamic IP and his last log into CP was over a week prior to this incident. He wasn't downloading his own game multiple times.

Don't believe me? Look at the gamelist on Hamster Republic. Look for any games which link to "www.castleparadox.com/cgi-bin/download.php?game=#" and check their download count. You'll be suprised as to how much higher they are.

Maybe Yellow-Man's games weren't meant to be placed on the gamelist...but that could be said about quite a few games on the list...

These games were not, as Chaos Nyte claimed, "Yellow_Man begging for help to get through a game that's older then he is." They were a compilation of rumors, probably found on GameFAQs and other sources, which (in Mysteries) were still unexplained or (in Rumors) he attempted to validate. The games had been on the gamelist for months without a word of disgust. It made the Top 5 Downloads a few days only to be dropped by Bomberman or TSS.

Fenrir wrote a review pointing it's not really a "game." However...it's not "Top 5 Downloaded Games" it's "Top 5 Downloads." If one of Setu's Soundtracks had made Top 5, would there have been the same reaction?? "It's not a game, it can't make top 5, he must be downloading his own game to boost his count."

Now, I respect Fenrir as an artist and thoroughly enjoyed reading his review. I even PMed him, while laughing my ass off, to praise said review, explain that another list for "tools/non-games" will be made when I have more database space to work with (You are all probably pissed at the frequent "SQL Database is Full" error that constantly rears it's ugly head as it is), and explain the source of Yellow-Man's high download count.

However, I will not stand by while the community ridicules and judges someone who's been wrongfully accused and misrepresented. Yellow-Man uploaded a "game" to the gamelist. As Fenrir pointed out, for those of you who saw the review before it was deleted, the graphics were lacking, there was no gameplay, and you just walked up to NPCs and talked. It was still interactive, it used OHR, he had every right to upload it and no one complained about it in May (or was it April...maybe June...I can't check since the entries no longer exist Pissed off! ) when it appeared. Yellow-Man did nothing wrong!!!

Let this be a lesson in examining all options before jumping to conclusions. This thread stops here, end of discussion.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: