Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Party Members in scenes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaLouieDude

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Party Members in scenes Reply with quote

I have a somewhat simple question regarding party members and heroes in general during cutscenes.

If I have Caterpillar Party walking disabled, do the heroes in the party still show up and move during cutscenes if I try to move them? Or do I have to place an NPC with the sprite of the hero I want to move and have it show up in a spot and control it during a scene?

And say I wanted to move a hero during a scene that's not in the party but has already joined it... I'd have to use the latter method, right?
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, in order to use the invisible heroes during a scene you have to enable the caterpillar party for it's duration then disable it again, you can do this by using a plotscript like this:

Code:
plotscript, scene, begin
suspend player
suspend NPCs
walk hero (0, up, 2)
wait for hero (0)
set caterpillar mode (on)
wait (1)
walk hero (1, left, 1)
walk hero (2, right, 1)
walk hero (3, down, 1)
wait for hero (3)
set hero direction (1, up)
set hero direction (2, up)
set hero direction (3, up)
wait for hero (3)
show textbox (1)
wait for textbox
fight formation (1)
wait (1)
show text box (2)
wait for text box
walk hero (1, right, 1)
walk hero (2, left, 1)
walk hero (3, up, 1)
wait for hero (3)
set caterpillar mode (off)
wait (1)
resume NPCs
resume player
end

As for the second bit, yeah you're going to need to use an NPC instead of the reserve hero.

I hope this helps!
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should suspend the caterpillar as well, by calling "suspend caterpillar", and afterwards "resume caterpillar". This is different from enabling the caterpillar. It prevents the other heroes from trailing behind when the party leader is moved (either by the player or by a script). Notice that NeoSpade just so happened to paste a script where hero 0 isn't moved while the caterpillar is enabled.

Also note that when you enable the caterpillar the extra heroes will appear standing at the positions where they would have been all along if the caterpillar was enabled. NeoSpade's script gives the impression that they start at the same location as the leader; that's not true.

If a hero isn't in the active party but you have less than 4 heroes in the active party, you could temporarily swap them into the party and then back out again instead of using an NPC.
NeoSpade
Of course!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah right! I made an odd assumption that if it wasn't enabled to begin with, then it wouldn't need to be suspended or resumed :S.

Raspberry! Also I didn't paste a script. I wrote it line by line in the post to avoid making a silly mistake like that. Kind of backfired eh? Oookay...

EDIT: Grammar and spelling :/
DaLouieDude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks a lot!
I tried it out with the suspend caterpillar added and tried it again via NPCs to see which I liked the most. Both worked.
Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum