Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

tutorial

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gagekilmer
Ninja... nuff said

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: tutorial Reply with quote

So Ive decided to do a set of tutorials in my game to explain the various systems. I want to take screen shots, add arrows use it as a background for text explaining the game. trouble is I cant figure out how to take a screenshot of only my game, not the whole screen. and when I do it wont let me import it into custom. Help please
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F12 takes a screenshot, and should work anywhere in Custom or Game. However...

1) In Alectormancy F12 didn't work in a lot of builtin menus such as the status menu. This bug is fixed in Beelzebufo (download a nightly (aka the Beelzebufo release candidate))

2) On Windows gfx_directx defaults to saving 2x scaled .png files instead of .bmp files. If you want it to save .bmp file which you can import directly, click on the icon at the top left of the window, click on Options, and select "OHR (.bmp)".
gagekilmer
Ninja... nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you run that by me a little slower and f12 doesnt seem to be taking screenshots of anything
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gagekilmer wrote:
can you run that by me a little slower and f12 doesnt seem to be taking screenshots of anything

If you didn't understand what he said the first time, read it again. It's text, so that shouldn't be too hard.

When you take screenshots, they save to the same folder that the OHR game you're playing/editing is in. Try checking there.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
gagekilmer
Ninja... nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you sparrowhawk for that bit of information, I was completely unaware that what I was reading was text. In all seriousness though thanks for telling me where they are saved, I dont know what button you are talking about TMC, maybe because I am running windows 8. could you elaborate a bit.
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the icon next to the name of the window, top left corner of the window. It's part of the window frame. Most Windows users probably don't realise that that icon is actually clickable.

I admit that it's not a good place to put an options menu since noone expects it there.
gagekilmer
Ninja... nuff said

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU! my life just got a million times easier
Sparoku
Pyrithea Amethyst.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gagekilmer wrote:
thank you sparrowhawk for that bit of information, I was completely unaware that what I was reading was text. In all seriousness though thanks for telling me where they are saved

You're welcome. Neutral

TMC wrote:
It's the icon next to the name of the window, top left corner of the window. It's part of the window frame. Most Windows users probably don't realise that that icon is actually clickable.

I admit that it's not a good place to put an options menu since noone expects it there.

And this is why I'll NEVER get Windows 8.
My Discord ID: SparDanger#0305
TMC
On the Verge of Insanity

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has nothing to do with Windows 8. Windows has had that icon menu since Windows 1, though they didn't start using the application icon until Windows 95. Though I notice that there are lots of Win 8 programs which place extra icons on the window frame. Part of this ribbon interface fad I think.

(You can also right click on the frame to get to the Options menu)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> HELP! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum