Castle Paradox Forum Index Castle Paradox

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Gamelist   Review List   Song List   All Journals   Site Stats   Search Gamelist   IRC Chat Room

Who Shot Bob the Hamster?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob the Hamster
OHRRPGCE Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kizul Emeraldfire wrote:
I hope Bob recovers soon, James! :(

I hope so too. When I went to visit him at the hospital last night, I tried asking him what "10 becomes 30" could mean, but he didn't stir at all. Sometimes he makes little snoring noises, but he has not talked or moved at all since he has been in the coma :(
Artimus Bena
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got terribly bored and decided to figure out this 10 becomes 30 business. I believe I've found the answer.

http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=1227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

30 reminded me of top 30, so I searched though the most relevant posts containing top 30 talk. The "one who likes a good soda" was obviously pepsi ranger.

And then I saw in his post here the words, "for those who seek the truth". Ties into the picture jack supplied. So I suspect the next clue is hidden here.

|||Compositions!
|||Eldardeen Soundtrack!
|||Red Mercury!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

artimus bena wrote:
I got terribly bored and decided to figure out this 10 becomes 30 business. I believe I've found the answer.

http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=1227&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

30 reminded me of top 30, so I searched though the most relevant posts containing top 30 talk. The "one who likes a good soda" was obviously pepsi ranger.

And then I saw in his post here the words, "for those who seek the truth". Ties into the picture jack supplied. So I suspect the next clue is hidden here.

Hmm, so the culprit is using one of my old posts to hide his clues...

Makes me wonder who else he's using. Makes me wonder what else he's using.

Good work, Bena. You and Jack each get a point for uncovering a clue. Though, my sources tell me there are still 26 out there somewhere, so don't rest yet.

Kizul Emeraldfire wrote:
I personally think that 'twas the Infamous Potted Cactus that sniped Bob — I mean, in order for those things to move, they have to hop, so it's no wonder that he missed Bob twice!

Perhaps you might transform that theory into a short, but playable game file? Or something like it?

khfan15 wrote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I've discovered some new data that may surprise and shock every one of you by watching the Seventh Week's footage.

You'll have to wait on it, of course.

Well, if the footage is shocking enough, I may just nominate OHR House 2 as an entry anyway, even if it suffers the same subtitle penalty that Darkmoor Dungeon did for the Mynority Whispers contest.

Oh, and I finally watched the OHR House series thanks to this. How did I miss it before? It's hilarious.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncommon
His legend will never die

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Top Thirty Clue wrote:
My new home’s philosophy is that computers are evil, acting as a prison for misbehaving imps.

Fuckin' Technomancy. But there's something about the new home to take into account. Perhaps the new home's just the Hamster Republic. Maybe even the wiki?

Quote:
Oh, and those who seek the truth should find the place where the second Epic Marathon was postponed.

No, this thread.

Epic Postponement Clue wrote:
To appease you though, I'll say this...if you need a clue: "You may find the location in an enclosed space."

Also, for those who seek the truth, you should search the milestone thread about the topic that helped gain my notoriety here.

This might require already knowing the culprit. But running a search on "those who seek the truth" might give us some clues. I'll keep on the hunt kids.

EDIT:
Found another. This one in Cube's post. Likely most of them might be in admin's posts?
How You Found OHR Clue wrote:
My new home has three of these, but my first only has one.

(Those who seek the truth would first seek out the origins of City of Dreams)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pepsi Ranger
Reality TV Host

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon wrote:
The Top Thirty Clue wrote:

My new home’s philosophy is that computers are evil, acting as a prison for misbehaving imps.

F**kin' Technomancy. But there's something about the new home to take into account. Perhaps the new home's just the Hamster Republic. Maybe even the wiki?

If that's the case, then where's the old home?

Uncommon wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and those who seek the truth should find the place where the second Epic Marathon was postponed.

No, this thread.

Ah, the memories. Old habits die hard, don't they?

Uncommon wrote:
Epic Postponement Clue wrote:

To appease you though, I'll say this...if you need a clue: "You may find the location in an enclosed space."

Also, for those who seek the truth, you should search the milestone thread about the topic that helped gain my notoriety here.

This might require already knowing the culprit. But running a search on "those who seek the truth" might give us some clues. I'll keep on the hunt kids.

Yes, it could, and so Inferior Minion disabled the word "truth" from the search engine the day before this contest started to keep it from being too easy.

(He's not the culprit, by the way--he just wants to help sharpen our detective skills so that we can find the real culprit)

Uncommon wrote:
EDIT:
Found another. This one in Cube's post. Likely most of them might be in admin's posts?

How You Found OHR Clue wrote:

Very good, Uncy. You get three points for uncovering these clues. Though, I should warn you: the culprit is very systematic in how he distributes his clues. Skip one, and you may end up skipping a bunch. I happen to know that the Cube clue is far into the hunt.

Points toward end of contest so far:

Jack: 1
Artemis Bena: 1
Uncommon: 3

Don't forget, the person to PM me the final clue will be awarded 5 points. The final clue, however, should only be PMed, as everyone should have a chance to figure it out.

Keep the hunt going. I'd recommend reconvening from the "Epic Postponement" clue though, since that's in the current systematic order.

And, as far as I know, not all clues can be found on Castle Paradox. Tricky beast, this shooter is.

The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition

Currently Updating: General sweep of the game world and dialogue boxes. Adding extended maps.

Tightfloss Maiden

Currently Updating: Chapter 2
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncommon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infamous milestone, eh?
Common Sense Clue wrote:
Those who seek the truth would note the 30th day of the 8th month of 2005

Or maybe there was another...

EDIT:
Alright, I've gotten a ways, but I'm a little stuck, so I'll post my findings so far. From "Epic Postponement", it goes...

100 Reviews Clue wrote:
For example: "Like the place of his birth, he had three, while I only had one." How's that for ambiguous?
For those who seek the truth, visit a place of old and search for the grandest of "Joke" reviews.

Joke Review Clue wrote:
A story element that's grossly lacking from this game, however, is a clue that says: "To find what gets me around, find the woman from the New World and her twenty-first sound."
It's also missing that follow-up clue that says: "For those who seek the truth, search the place where one would like to see map names disabled in plotscripting."

Features I'd Like To See Clue wrote:
I'd also like to see quotes for clues, such as: “Always the best choice for all of your slime-training needs.”
And while we're at it, I'd like for those who seek the truth to search the place where an old man and his dog sleep before taking on an impossible mission.

Junkyard Bob's Mission: Impossible Clue wrote:
As leader, I would close it with a click.
For those who seek the truth, look for the place where you can buy Seven-Sided Dice.

Zippywings 3 Clue wrote:
And if you're looking for clues for a certain mystery, here's one: There's a hit song named after my job title, recorded by a group who apparently has a thing for spots on hide.
If you're seeking the next one, look where gatherers come together to discuss how they found a game engine.

The Cube Clue (revisited) wrote:

To My Dearest Clue wrote:
The amenities of basic living are strangely absent here, save the amenity that transports a person to the land of dreams.
(Those who seek the truth should first speak to Truth)

Now's the question. Who's Truth? Figured we could figure this out easier as a group.
Either way, we're halfway there.

Last edited by Uncommon on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Inferior Minion
Metric Ruler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncommon wrote:
Infamous milestone, eh?
Common Sense Clue wrote:

Or maybe there was another...

While Common Sense certainly added to my notoriety here, the milestone being referred to deals with something Pepsi Ranger is known for. While known for many things, losing his best friend over online site politics isn't one of them. I must admit, Common Sense fits this clue rather nicely, which is why I felt compelled to tell you Common Sense isn't the right milestone. Kudos on finding yet another clue, though.
Scourge of the Seas
Halloween 2006 Creativity Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, we get points for this? Then here are some threads I've unraveled.

http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?p=11799
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=1109
http://castleparadox.com/archive/operationohr/review-joke-pepsiranger.php
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=2070
http://castleparadox.com/calendar.php?indiv=1&dis=0
http://www.castleparadox.com/stats.php (seekrit)
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=1001
http://castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=2713

I think I duplicated one that's been mentioned, but I don't care because it's 1am and I should be sleeping. This is also why I'm stopping my investigation before it becomes 2am.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some others out of order.

BRANCH ONE ~ * Moogle1 pointed out first, some of them helped put together different branches I'd found.
*Secret Stats Clue wrote:
Those who seek the truth may find what they are looking for in a Heat-ed art thread

*Heat Art Clue wrote:
They say eyes are like this to the soul. They say this is what I hid behind.
Those who seek the truth would be wise to find some common sense

Common Sense Clue (revisited) wrote:

*Calender Clue wrote:
The distance from my new home to my old one is the shortest.
Those who seek the truth would benefit from taking the Time to tell someone who cares What they Would Like To See

Time Clue wrote:
I’ve seen Universal Studios once. Two of its attractions make a mockery of my birth home.
Those who seek the truth might want to check a certain Admin's journal entries

Not in an admin's post!

OHR++ Clue wrote:
Four floors of windows hide only two floors of space.
Those who seek the truth, I hereby Announce, you are chasing A Story For The Ages

BRANCH TWO
Songs Clue wrote:
those who seek the truth will want to download the BAM Developer's Kit

Assembly Clue wrote:
;;;;;;;; Clue: Entertainment shows talk about folks with his quality.
;;;;;;;; Clarification: The above clue makes sense. Literally it does.
;;;;;;;; Next: Those who seek the truth, would revisit the castleparadox
;;;;;;;; announcement thread of what is widely regarded as the
;;;;;;;; shortest-lived stable release ever

Serendipity Clue wrote:
[EDIT: "I do not have what sets everyone apart from each other" ... those who seek the truth would want to know what the problem used to be with the setenemyrewards command]

Plotscript Help Clue wrote:
"Like a rock star, every creature has an addiction.". Those who seek the truth would wear T-shirts proclaiming their fear of Fluffy Sheep.

There are others, but I wonder if I should stop here or not. It's getting close. But I don't know how to connect the either of these three branches.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Story For the Ages
http://www.castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=2902

Fluffy Sheep
http://www.cafepress.com/james_paige_3.37038190

"Final Clue"
http://motherhamster.org/finalclue/

I have no idea what "zagboodle" means.
♫ Furious souls, burn eternally! ♫

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://motherhamster.org/finalclue/abrahamnobfondler.html
Open up your eyes, Moog as well as your ears for the matter:
Abraham's Clue wrote:
Nobfondler doesn't know who shot Bob the Hamster, but somebody must know... Listen carefully!

Hmm...Combining Zagboodle and Nobfondler led me here. My work computer doesn't have speakers. Somebody listen to this in my stead!

Suspiciously, almost a week before our alert of this tragedy:

Some Goddess Character wrote:
nope not deborah, but you know who it is.

I hope I'm not too off-track.
Moogle1
Scourge of the Seas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm listening to it now... fortunately, it's only nineteen minutes long.

Aaaand... maybe I missed something since I was only half-listening, but there was no mention of truth-seeking. Closest thing I can figure is a reference to Chekov's gun.

There's probably something I missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd found the Zagboodle clue (and the Nobfondler, and googled to find the podcast), but with what Pepsi said about keeping the last one private, I edited it out of branch two after posting it.
And no, I've listened to all of the Zagboodle casts and haven't found much.

Also, the clue after Story For The Ages is on Bugzilla
Bug 336 Clue wrote:
#For those who seek the truth, first know that THIS IS NOT SPAM, as one might
#infer if he or she visited an old chat for OHRRPGCE Users, especially one
#with pop-up ads.

EDIT:
This led to the old HelpMe Board. Finding that link was interesting.
Anyway, the most recent post there linked to this.

EDIT 2:
Following that clue to the sixteenth page of the Big Picture Thread, and the picture linked in James' post there, and the url in that picture, I found this, at the bottom of http://motherhamster.org
Motherhamster Clue wrote:
My birth home does not subscribe to the laws of the place that is photographed in the article that suggests making pets out of wheat.

(those who seek the truth would patiently browse castleparadox's BAMtastic for a list of people's favorite songs)

This connects the two branches I outlined last night. That leaves only the Truth Clue connecting us to the original branch, and whatever the final clue is. We are so close, guys.

EDIT 3:
Moreover, being that the only place photographed (well, drawn) in The Trouble With The World is, well, the world itself, this clue also implies our culprit's an extra-terrestrial.

Last edited by Uncommon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dried Throne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: BWAHAHAHAHA! Reply with quote

I was bored, so... say goodbye to the first gap.

http://www.castleparadox.com/ohr/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1613

Occupation: The myth of the protein bars made their mark on me, thanks to him.
Interests: Those who seek the truth may find hidden meaning in Stats
Uncommon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that would answer why "Truth" is disabled in the search.
All that's left to figure out is what Nobfondler can't tell us (a clue i kind've took to mean it wouldn't be in the third podcast, but i dunno).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Castle Paradox Forum Index -> The Soapbox All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: